Monday, February 16, 2004

My neighbor Brad and I attempted to bleed the brakes. We sprung quite a few leaks, that all got solved by a little tightening here and there. We are not 100% sure that we got all the air out of the system, so we are going to take another look at it tonight.

I also filled the gaps in the foot boxes with silicone, and beaded the radiator hose extensions. Well, I used a trick recommended on the ffcobra forums. I used rivits on the edges of the extensions instead of beading. This creates enough of a bulge so that the clamp and hose won't slip off. I also put a couple of coats of clear coat on the upper extension, to prevent oxidation.

Brad lent me his wheel dollies, so after we mess with the brakes again tonight, If we "finish" then I'll get the car off the jack stands and onto the dollies. Hopefully, this will give me the mobility I will need to easily drop in the engine.

Updated Pre-Engine/Wheels list
  • DONE! Brake light switch needs to be installed (on order from Napa, will pick it up on Monday)
  • DONE! The gaps in the passenger and drivers side footboxes need to be sealed up with some silicone
  • DONE ENOUGH FOR NOW, NEEDS FINAL TIGHTENING! The round steering shaft things (I don't know what they are called) need to be installed.
  • NOT GONNA HAPPEN (YET), WILL NEVER GET IT OUT AGAIN! The upper steering shaft clips need to be installed
  • DONE! Need an appropriate sized nut and bolt for the lower steering shaft to u-joint
  • DONE! The battery ground cable needs to be fastened to the frame
  • The positive battery cable needs to be fastened to the appropriate place on the drivers foot box (wherever that is)
  • DONE! Clear coat the upper radiator hose extension
  • DONE! Bead both radiator hose extensions
  • Fill the Differential with gear oil and friction modifier
  • DONE!Tighten up the IRS upper control arms
  • DONE! Emergency brake cable installation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home