Tuesday, November 18, 2003

I finally got the rear caliper mounting bracket clean enough to start painting it blue to match the font calipers. However, it was raining tonight, so I could not finish painting them. The weather looks good tomorrow, so hopefully they will be done tomorrow.

The front suspension is all torqued down except for the lower control arms and the tie rods. The lower control arms are not torqued down, because they need to be torqued down under load. And the tie rods are not torqued down, as their position will have to be adjusted for the front alignment.

I need to make a trip to the auto parts store and buy the 84 Jeep MC, and preflared brake lines. I need to order my flexible brake lines from Summit, and I need order an adjustable MC push rod. I should have ordered this stuff a while ago, since this is what I'm supposed to work on after I finish the rear suspension. In the mean time, I decided to drill out some more rivit holes and hold them temporarily in place with some cleco's. Notice the passenger side foot box is all cleco'ed up.

The other big event of the weekend was... Cutting off the legs of my body buck and moving the body into the back yard. With the help of Neil, Jonathan, and my neighbor Brad, we got everything done in relatively short order. I'll take a picture in the morning with some sunlight and post it later. I actually like the body buck lower to the ground, as it looks more like a car now then it did when it was 4 feet higher in the air.