Wednesday, February 18, 2004

I hope the positive battery cable is fastened to an appropriate place!? I picked up a remote starter relay, and mounted it in one of the more popular locations. I see lots of people installing a "Maxi-Fuse" right next to the remote starter relay. I need to decide if I want to go this route, or just go with what I have?

And... Of course nothing goes as planned. The car is still up on the jack stands, and the brakes are still in need of being bleed. Why is this, you ask? Because someone (not me) stripped the drivers side rear bleeder valve. Tommorrow I'll pick up a new one and try again.

I was going to fill the differential, to finish off the last item from my "pre-engine" list. But, I don't have a funnel, and the gas tank is relatively in the way for me to just dump in the oil from the containers.

I'm going to be picking up an engine hoist from "Plano-Matt" on Thursday. The tenative plan is to drop the engine in Sunday afternoon and maybe have enough of the wiring figured out to start the engine??? I better call engine factory and get the right belt size for the engine. I wonder what else I'm forgetting that is required for the thing to run?

Things I'd like to get done/buy before Sunday!
  • I need to plug the automatic transmission water line holes on the radiator.
  • Buy correct sized pulley belt
  • Buy a replacement bleeder screw
  • Bleed the brakes
  • Buy a funnel with tube to help fill the differential
  • Put the wheels back on and get the car off the jack stands
  • Buy the right supplies (mainly coolant) for the radiator


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home