Thursday, February 19, 2004

We have touchdown. For the first time, the car is on the ground, on it's own 4 wheels.

Here is my udpated things I'd like to get done/buy before Sunday!
  • DONE! I need to plug the automatic transmission water line holes on the radiator.
  • Buy correct sized pulley belt
  • DONE! ($12 for a pair, ouch) Buy a replacement bleeder screw
  • DONE! Bleed the brakes
  • DONE! Buy a funnel with tube to help fill the differential
  • DONE! Put the wheels back on and get the car off the jack stands
  • DONE! Buy the right supplies (mainly coolant) for the radiator


The differential also got filled!

So, the only thing I didn't get done was getting the right sized pulley belt. I did try though. I called Engine Factory, and they said they'd get with the tech guys tomorrow and give me a call back with the info. Looks like I'll be making another trip to the autostore tomorrow.

I played with the coil-overs to see how close I could get the ride height to 4.5 inches. Right now, in the picture below the car is about 5.5 inches all the way around. I think the weight of the engine will drop the front down some more, and I'll just have to adjust the coil-overs in the rear some more to get it down that last inch.

I did notice one problem once the car was lowered. The rear flexible brake lines either hit the upper control arm, or hit the spring. I've seen on at least one other build, a tie zip used to keep the line away from the spring. After fighting the brakes for 4 days, It looks like I might have to adjust the positioning of the flexible lines, which most likely will require them to be bleed again (joy).

I am most likely going to clean the garage tomorrow night after I pick up the engine hoist. I've been neglecting the garage, and it's a total disaster area. Good thing Paul Sr. isn't around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home