Sunday, March 07, 2004

March 6th: The day the beast roared to life.

Man, it was awesome. Even with open headers, it wasn't too loud for me. Don't get me wrong, it was loud. But loud in the best way.

We found some coolant dripping. The amount that was on the floor, however seemed to be close to the amount that we spilled when filling the radiator. So, I'm holding off freaking out about a leak until tomorrow. [UPDATE] March 7th: "Plano" Matt came by to help me track down the leak. It turned out to be the upper radiator hose wasn't clamped down tight enough. We ran if for a few minutes after tightening down all the clamps, and no new drips.

Now I need to start the first "go cart ride" punch list.
  • Torque down the front lower control arms
  • Do a rough alignment
  • Fix my soft pedal problem
  • Install clutch cable
  • Buy and install throttle cable and bracket
  • ...more to come as I think about it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home