Friday, March 05, 2004

Rich stopped by and helped me with the wiring. He pretty much validated that how I was wiring it up, was correct. So, we started to cut all the required wires for starting the engine to the correct length. Unfortunately we need a double crimping tool. Rich has one at work, that he is going to borrow and bring by tomorrow. So hopefully tomorrow night we'll have the engine and ignition switch all wired up.

The correct length drive shaft arrived today. It got installed and the transmission is full of tranny fluid.

I had Rich (a mechanic by profession) check out my brake pedal feel. He said it feels too soft and that I still have air in the system. After he was messing with the brake pedal, I did a quick check for leaks, and found a slow leak at the passenger side front caliper. He also expressed concern that I could boil my brake fluid due to the distance that the brake line is from the header. And, he was concerned about my spark plug wires melting off due to how close they are to the headers as well. So, it looks like I'm going to need some 45 degree or 90 degree spark plug wire connectors.

Updated First Start List
  • NEW! Buy and install a ground strap for the engine.
  • DONE! Buy wire crimping/stripping/cutting tool
  • DONE! Install headers
  • Wire up the engine and ignition switch
  • Clean Gas Tank and buy some gas
  • DONE! Install Remote Radiator Filler
  • DONE! Buy a cap for remote filler
  • DONE! Figure out what to do with the overflow line from the remote filler
  • Fill radiator with water and coolant
  • DONE! Clamp down the radiator lines
  • DONE! Install a bolt near the steering rack on the drivers side to anchor some zip ties that will hold the lower radiator hose in place
  • DONE! Figure out how I want to run the throttle cable
  • Holding off, not really needed for 1st start! Buy throttle cable mounting bracket
  • DONE! Fill the transmission with transmission fluid
  • DONE! Buy the right sized pulley belt
  • DONE! Mount the fuse box

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home