Friday, March 12, 2004

Now that I'm over being sick, I can work on the car some more. Late tueday night after hearing "Plano" Matt's car running, I started to get very sick. I took Wednesday off from work, and pretty much slept 20 out of 24 hours that day. I was running a 102.8 degree fever, and thought that I was going to die. Too bad for you I didn't, and late on Thursday I was feeling almost back to normal. Unfortunately, of course this means I'll have to go back to work tomorrow.

I mocked up the gauges on the dash. 2 problems: 1st, the water temp guage mounting bracket is too small. 2nd once the gauges are wired/hooked up, you can't really remove them from the dash.

So, what this means is, I need to finalize my dash plans. Originally I wanted to have a dark grey (or black) annodized brushed aluminum look. I'm going to call an annodizing place tomorrow and get a quote. If it's too expensive, then I'll just go with a brushed aluminum look. Which means I need to track down someone with a belt sander, because I can't sand by hand in a straight line. My last resort, if the brushed aluminum look can't be pulled off, then I'll just cover it with the supplied vinyl.

I also fabricated two brackets for mounting the horns. I didn't finish the installation since I let "Plano" Matt borrow my hand riviter, I'm going to see if I can borrow them back tomorrow.

Lastly, I ordered my throttle cable and mounting bracket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home